Ritual Zero Proof Tequila Alternative is a quality non-alcoholic spirit and approved substitute for tequila and mezcal in mocktails. This recipe was chosen after testing other brand recommended mocktails and several versions of margaritas in Non-Alcoholic Margarita Success: In-Depth Tasting and Recipes.
Heat Wave (Spicy Margarita)
This low ABV margarita recipe was chosen after testing several versions of margarita mocktails with Ritual Zero Proof Tequila Alternative, a great substitute for tequila and mezcal in non-alcoholic drinks.
- 2 oz Ritual Zero Proof Tequila Alternative
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz triple sec
- .5 oz agave nectar*
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper
- jalepeño slice + basil (for garnish)
- Tajin (for the rim)
- Rocks glass
- Cocktail Shaker
- Pour Tequila Alternative over jalapeño and basil, sliced lengthwise, in a cocktail shaker. Let sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes. The longer, the spicier.
- Add lime, triple sec, agave and ice. Shake shake shake.
- Pour over ice into a Tajin-rimmed glass. Garnish with jalapeño slices and basil.
- (recipe credit: Ritual Zero Proof)
- *Madhava agave syrup was used in this recipe
Serving: 1mocktail | Calories: 125kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.Read full disclaimer.
Looking for the great bar tools?Check out our top picks for all the Best Bar Tools and get mixing!